Scubadiveninja

Well here is all my latest news and gossip. xxx

Friday, January 12, 2007

St Catherines Monastery





My Aunt and cousin were over a short while ago, they were planning a trip to St Catherines Monastery and a climb up Moses Mountain. Fabulous idea I thought and decided I really ought to go with them as I have not really seen anything of Egypt above the water. We decided to climb overnight on the Friday night to watch the sunrise. Unfortunately it was the Camel 20th Aniversary party the Thursday night with a completely open bar. Not the best plan. The climb was agonising and I gave up and took a bedouin up on his extortionate offer of riding his camel up there. The guy ommitted to tell me that the camel stopped short of the 750 rugged steps to the summit as it was too hard going for the camel...well what about me then! So I wheezed and I climbed and I stopped and I nearly vomited andI made it up there. It was absolutely beautiful but I have yet to decide if it was worth nearly losing a lung and not being able to walk for 3 days!
Here you can see the best camel in the world (ie he carried me) and the view from the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home